The Product Chain
The Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region has the largest concentration of companies specializing in adventure tourism and ecotourism in the province. Local producers offer a variety of activities in the winter as well as the summer. Some of our producers are considered pioneers of the industry in Quebec and have been operating for over 25 years. They have contributed to the development and promotion of adventure tourism and ecotourism across all of Eastern Canada. Our production chain offers products in the following areas.
Adventure Tourism Infrastructure and Areas
The region is known for its exceptional natural sites from the Lac-Saint-Jean and its tributary rivers to the Saguenay Fjord and the surrounding Monts Valins. These distinct natural areas have been developed to include an important network of infrastructure and tourist attractions focused on adventure tourism and ecotourism alike.
Research and education
The region benefits from a skilled workforce stemming from the various professional and post-secondary programs in the region. The adventure tourism and ecotourism industry includes over 20 years of expertise in research and education.
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi – Bachelor of Outdoor Recreation and Intervention – Post-Graduate Diploma of Intervention Through Nature
- Cégep de Saint-Félicien – Tourism Technician – Natural Environment Technician, Natural Interpretation and Territorial Planning
- Centre de formation professionnelle de La Baie – Protection and Exploitation of Wildlife Territory
- Outdoor Recreation Research and Expertise Laboratory (LERPA)
- Adventure Tourism and Ecotourism National Center of Expertise (CNETAE)
Manufacturers and suppliers
From the design and manufacturing of bicycles, outdoor clothing and specialty equipment to the distribution of outdoor gear, our regional manufacturers and suppliers are outstanding ambassadors for the region on a global scale.